[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:59:19 EDT 2016

9/21 Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, 10M-1pm, low tide rising,
74-82F, sunny/overcast.
Very busy at the Coastal Center today with classes and visitors.
I believe our ospreys have departed for their wintering grounds-only 1
osprey flew over the marsh around 12:30PM.
On the marsh:9 Snowy Egrets, 6 Great Egrets, 5 Yellow crowned night herons
(4 immatures and 1 adult), 9 D.C. Cormorants, 5 Dunlin.
On grounds: 2 Phoebes by the pollinator garden, 1 common Yellowthroat, 55
Starlings at the entrance driveway, 1 Blue Jay, 2 Mourning Doves, 1 Ruby
throated hummingbird at pollinator garden, 10 Tree Swallows flying over.
Bev Propen, Orange