[CT Birds] great egrets and ospreys inside the Poquetanuck Cove Estuary (Gales Ferry)

Brian Williams brianw15th2v at att.net
Wed Sep 21 19:20:25 EDT 2016

This evening in Poquetanuck Cove (Gales Ferry) inside the trestle were three great egrets, one great blue heron, cormorants and gulls.  It is the first inland sighting of the egrets I have this year.  Notably on 9 September I found an imm. osprey at the start of the cove where it flew a 180 downriver, so the osprey are taken to the area now as well.      Brian Williams      Griswold