[CT Birds] re to Patrick Comins sugestion to plant for birds...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 21 20:07:38 EDT 2016

I have a suggestion also for us planting for the wild birds.About 6 years ago, I found myself getting a bit too old in keep my pristine yard and gardens looking their best. However - after letting several areas go back to nature, I saw what a wonderful thing it was to give back to nature what my ground was like before it was built on. Recently, many people are converting parts of their all grass lawns into natural open areas, and believe me, I'm so glad I did so. Its now less work to maintain, and the wonderful natural plants that have moved in are a real joy to enjoy and study for all kinds of natural life that depend on them, and all done at your own home! Please consider doing this too part of your all grass lawn, for the wild birds and critters will enjoy visiting you for doing so. Today, saw a Monarch Butterfly on the goldenrod, as well as hundreds of honey bees and other pollinators there as well. I'm waiting to see a Connecticut warbler there as well...Paul Carrier, Harwinton, CT