[CT Birds] Stratford Point Yellow-fronted Canary

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 23 15:33:58 EDT 2016

A beautiful Yellow-fronted Canary was singing along the line between Stratford Point and the Coast Guard property this afternoon.  Certainly an escapee, but I recall a photo of one from Stratford a few years ago.  I wonder if it could possibly have survived winters and be the same bird?

Other than that it has been a pretty slow day, with 3 American Kestrels and a Northern Harrier and a ton of Tree Swallows being the highlights.   The Point will be open this weekend more or less since Scott will be working.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/