[CT Birds] Birds Mean Business! Eco-Tourism and Conservation in the Americas

Colacurcio, Veronica vcolacurcio at audubon.org
Mon Sep 26 14:29:05 EDT 2016

BIRDS MEAN BUSINESS! ECO-TOURISM AND CONSERVATION IN THE AMERICAS

When: Thursday, September 29th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Where: Audubon Greenwich, 613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, CT

Matt Jeffery, Deputy Director of Audubon's International Alliances Program, will speak about Audubon's work promoting bird watching tourism in developing countries in the Americas to benefit local communities while also preserving important habitats for birds. Learn what you can do to show that birds mean business!

For more information, please visit: http://greenwich.audubon.org/events/audubon-international-program-bird-based-tourism-conservation

This event is free! RSVP to greenwichcenter at audubon.org<mailto:greenwichcenter at audubon.org>.

AUTUMN BIRD WALK AND BIRD BANDING DEMONSTRATION

When: Saturday, October 1st 8:00am-9:30am
Where: Audubon Greenwich, 613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, CT

Search for migratory songbirds with Senior Naturalist Ted Gilman and then join our Field Biologist, Sean Graesser, for a bird-banding demonstration to learn about techniques that help scientists track bird populations and movements. This will be followed by a family-friendly program on our new Nature Play Trail from 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.

Fee: $5 per Member, $7 per Non-member. RSVP to greenwichcenter at audubon.org<mailto:greenwichcenter at audubon.org>

Veronica A. Colacurcio
Communications Intern
Audubon Greenwich