[CT Birds] Black-crowned Night-herons in Waterford, and other goodies

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 18:20:39 EDT 2016

Mago Point area of Waterford, i.e. area near the bridge and the fishing boats at mouth of Niantic River:

3 Black-crowned Night Herons, all juv
1 Snowy Egret and 2 Great Blue Herons

several Tree Swallows still flying around the area

My yard, a bit more up the Niantic River,  has been buzzing with frenzied activity the past two days, much moreso yesterday but not bad today.  Highlights have been the 2 Magnolia Warblers seen this morning and 2 Eastern Wood Pewees.  I still have 2 feuding Hummers at the feeders and one or two RB Nuts.  A Raven has been here calling and flying over my house all summer.  Our neighborhood
also has nesting Red-shouldered Hawks every year.  Yesterday I had 2 Black Vultures, perhaps a yard first.

One has to love this time of the year!

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone