[CT Birds] Frigatebird search?

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 20:33:29 EDT 2016

Nick (and Julian),
Thanks for the info on the sighting (Frigatebirds have a unique appearance in flight), and for suggestions about searching to relocate it.
I would just like to add that Frigatebirds are usually over coastal or ocean waters. But they can also fly over inland land space away from water. For instance, they can soar across large islands such as Jamaica, or can transect the isthmus of Panama. I mention this to alert all birders to keep an eye skyward the next few days, even if you're away from the CT River or coastal areas.

Good hunting,

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone