[CT Birds] Mystery Hawk in yard...

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 2 11:29:54 EDT 2016

Knowing you, Paul, you will love him and squeeze him and call him George.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Carrier Graphics via CTBirds<ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:   For 3 weeks now, A Mysterious hawk has been grabbing my Mourning Doves right off the ground under my feeder. In the morning I fill the feeder, and 3 times now I discover many Dove breast feathers under it. Could it be that white Cat I see often in my yard? Well today I am filling the feeder and their they are, More Dove breast feathers. Then I hear our local Crows calling as usual in the woods. Nothing new for they have been doing that constantly now for months. Must be the Barred owl in back getting their attention. Then shortly I see a flying Crow dart down into a tree, and out flies a large Accipiter Hawk heading right towards me. As it passes over me, I recognize it as an immature Goshawk !I wonder if it will stay the winter here, but I doubt it. I will let you know.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton