[CT Birds] LHP Red-headed Woodpecker, Dickcissel

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 18:18:26 EDT 2016

Nice morning at Lighthouse Point hawk watch in New Haven. We even had a few birds before moderate NNE winds turned SSE between 10-11 a.m. We had 68 raptors plus a Red-headed Woodpecker and a Dickcissel. The most numerous migrant was Cedar Waxing (c 500). Others moving in smaller  numbers included Canada Goose (95), Common Loon (6), Chimney Swift (1), Ruby-throated Hummingbird (5), Blue Jay (c 70), American Pipit (2), Bobolink and Purple Finch. The latter two were calling overhead but hard to find in blue sky. Thanks for help from Sol satin, Bill Banks, Bruce Finnan,Sara Zagorski, Ron Pelletier, Steve Spector, Frank Gallo, Ed Haesche, Dori Sosensky, Marty Moore and anyone I forgot.
Greg HanisekWaterbury