[CT Birds] Norfolk Xbill update - Type 2 AND Type 10

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:02:05 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I finally completed a writeup on the Benedict Pond crossbills, which
can be seen at:

I have included audio clips and spectrograms for those interested.

In summary, I took recordings on three occasions on the afternoon of
Sept 20th. Two of the recordings showed Type 2 birds, while one of
them shows Type 10. The differences can be heard on the clips and seen
in the spectrograms. Pretty neat stuff.

Thanks to Matt Young at Cornell for his assistance with this.

There is also a photo of yesterday's Wallingford Orange-crowned
Warbler in the post that follows that.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT