[CT Birds] Two Dickcissels and Grasshopper Sparrow Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Wed Sep 28 16:17:23 EDT 2016

I was walking around with Tom Murray when the first Dickcissel flew by
us along the new Sacred Heart tree area/WildLife Guards garden on the
right as you enter Stratford Point, then into the Coast Guard strip. I
photographed that bird well and then a second Dickcissel appeared with
it! They were on the same branch multiple times.

Heading back to the building we checked the bird garden and came up
empty for the Grasshopper, but Tom got me once I went back inside as the
Grasshopper popped up in the brush pile. Sure enough, it showed decently
for a couple minutes. I'll be here with the gate open through sunset so
stop by if you like. I'll do some photos later or tomorrow. Hundreds of
Tree Swallows have been coming through, plenty of the usual sparrows,
Harriers hunting and Peregrine scoping all out...

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701-9620