[CT Birds] new pelagic trip date OCTOBER 22

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 15:13:57 EDT 2016

Dear Birders,

I am forwarding this for Krill Carson (NECWA), since 1) this is a joint
trip with Hartford Audubon Society, and 2) directly supports COA's "LIS
Gulls and Plankton Project", and 3) the seabirds are extremely good in the
waters off Cape Cod recently (see MassBirds forum for Race Point reports
for the last three days!).

If you want additional details, please email me at    robben99 at gmail.com
 or see  http://trips33.blogspot.com

Thanks, Tom Robben

Ocean Exploration Cruise 2016 - Tickets Still Available

Sailing Date: Saturday, October 22, 2016
Time: 8 am to 4 pm
Location: Boat leaves from Gloucester Harbor aboard the Privateer IV, 7
Seas Whale Watch

Join the New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) for an all day
adventure to support marine wildlife education, research, and conservation.
This excursion is a fundraising event for NECWA , an all-volunteer
nonprofit based in southeastern MA.

Enjoy commentary from wildlife experts Wayne Petersen, Jim Sweeney, Thomas
Robben, and Jay Frontierro. NECWA naturalists onboard will include Tammy
Silva and Krill Carson.

We will head offshore to view and document seabirds, whales, seals, sharks,
and other marine animals. If weather allows, we will chum for seabirds, and
incorporate a number of environmental sampling stations into our agenda for
the day. This data will be shared with other researches in the New England
area to support their research and management activities. On the way back
to the dock, NECWA will provide our free nature-themed raffle to thank
passengers for joining us.

To learn more about this exciting trip or to register online through our
Constant Contact Event site, go tohttp://events.constantcontact.

Adult tickets are $90
Student tickets are $75

If you need additional information, call Krill Carson at 508-566-0009 or
email her at krillcarson at mac.com