[CT Birds] Connecticut Warbler - Wangunk Meadows WMA, Portland

cimbaro at att.net cimbaro at att.net
Mon Oct 3 00:12:24 EDT 2016

Portland, Wangunk Meadows WMA 8:15 A.M.  This morning I had an adult male Connecticut Warbler and another Oporornis warbler (probably a female/1st fall male Connecticut) at the same location I had two similar-looking Connecticut Warblers on 9/22.  Both were flushed from the fallow corn field into a thin hedgerow of small trees and brush.  I posted some poor shots of the female/1st fall bird on e-Bird but didn't get photos of the adult male.  I also had a Lincoln's Sparrow at the same location.  The hedgerow is ~350 yards down a dirt road running from the gated entrance along the west edge of the field.
The north end of Wangunk Meadows is at the end of Tryon Street in Portland.
Dan Cimbaro - Colchester, CT