[CT Birds] COA SPARROW WORKSHOP

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Wed Oct 5 20:30:13 EDT 2016

Hello, fellow birders!

The COA Sparrow Workshop will be held this Saturday, October 8th at Bauer
Park and Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison, beginning at 7:30 am.  The
workshop is open to all.  This is a fun workshop, where we all learn
something about sparrows and see lots of good birds!  The full announcement
for the workshop is as follows:

Sparrow Workshop

Bauer Park and Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison

Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 7:30 am

You won't regard sparrows as "little brown jobs" after you've attended this
workshop.  October is the height of sparrow migration and we'll have a
chance to see ten or more species on the day.  We'll review how to
differentiate between similar species and gain a greater appreciation for
this remarkable group of birds.  Meet at the parking lot by the community
gardens at Bauer Park, 257 Copse Road in Madison.  After we've looked for
sparrows there, we'll move on to Hammonasset Beach SP at 1288 Boston Post
Road to look for salt marsh species. The workshop is free and open to COA
members and non-members alike.  Advanced registration is not necessary.

Leader:  Frank Mantlik.  Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at
closcalz at optonline.net and 203 389-6508.

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge