[CT Birds] Talk at CT Audubon

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 18:08:24 EDT 2016

Dr. Archibald is one of the two founders of the International Crane Foundation (savingcranes.org <http://savingcranes.org/>) located in Wisconsin, which I have been supporting psychologically and financially for years. They are d wonderful. One of the things that they lend support to is Operation Migration (OperationMigration.org <http://operationmigration.org/>Migration.org <http://migration.org/>)which I also separately gift. They are the group that led young cranes via ultra light from Wisconsin to Florida. This is the first year they stopped doing that and are trying to other strategies. In case you don't go to the talk, the number of Whooping Cranes in the 1930s was down to 15 and there are now 600 of them in the wild but they are quite vulnerable for many reasons. George Is a wonderful speaker and I have been on a trip he led to Vietnam to see Sarus Cranes being restored.

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net

———

Keeping the Sacred Cranes of the Orient Safe

Over the past half-century, the co-founder of the International Crane
Foundation, Dr. George Archibald, has worked for the welfare of the cranes
in China, Japan, North and South Korea, and Russia. Backed by strong
visuals, he will share the stories of these cranes and the efforts to
protect them.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Audubon Center in Greenwich

613 Riversville Road, Greenwich, 06831

Fee: $5 per Member, $7 per Non-member. RSVP to greenwichcenter at audubon.org <mailto:greenwichcenter at audubon.org>

Ken Elkins