[CT Birds] Silver Sands Clay-colored

Russ Smiley arsmiley at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 22:00:28 EDT 2016

Silver Sands State Park, Milford, CT, ~5:00 pm 7 October 2016: Besides
re-finding the clay-colored sparrow that John discovered earlier in the day
(but this time at the northwestern end of the sparrow lanes), I found a
vesper sparrow in a bush by the northeast sector, and in the marsh I located
a Nelson's sparrow. It is my impression that the numbers of savannah
sparrows continues to grow, and the variety of plumages is fascinating.
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT