[CT Birds] Quinebaug Fish Hatchery ' Big Sit'

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 20:50:35 EDT 2016

>From Robert Dixon with 'Baugwatchers' Tim Thompson, Jason Reiger, Doug Warner, Bob Beaumont and Linda Dixon.
10/8/16 - Plainfield , Quinebaug Fish Hatchery 'Big Sit' (15 hours) Hampered by heavy fog in the morning and showers in the afternoon we managed 53 species. Highlights - BALD EAGLE (2), NORTHERN HARRIER, COMMON NIGHTHAWK, AMERICAN WOODCOCK, LESSER YELLLOWLEGS, OSPREY, MUTE SWAN, WOOD DUCK (56), RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, BLUE-HEADED VIREO, SWAINSON'S THRUSH, RUSTY BLACKBIRD (4) and TREE SWALLOW (50).