[CT Birds] Milford Point Big Sit!

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 12:41:43 EDT 2016

HI all,
 Tina, Patrick, Frank M., Tom M. And I are trying to catch some rays here at the outer platform at Milford Point. So far, there is little fear of sunburn, and It's been bit more breezy and damp than we'd prefer, but we had the chance to commune with 17 Hudsonian Godwits and an array of other shorebirds and ducks. We haven't seen a woodpecker all day. Last check, the count was around 59 species. Onward we sit for the cause...the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center. And, don't worry, the small craft warning won't be a problem. The waves can't quite reach us here on the platform.

Frank Gallo
Senior Naturalist
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
Life is short. Bird often.