[CT Birds] Upcoming Field Birding Trips and Owl Prowl with The Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Wed Oct 12 11:39:36 EDT 2016

Fall Migration Field Birding Series:
Saturday, October 15 - Trout Brook Valley - Sparrows and other migrants
Saturday, October 29 - Ecology Park, Branford - Hawks and other migrants
Saturday, November 5 - East Shore Park - Late warblers and sparrows.
8:30-10:30
Explore some of the best birding sites in Connecticut with expert birder, Frank Gallo. Each site has its own unique character. Come join the fun. Wear comfortable shoes, bring water, and be prepared for a leisurely walk. Meet at the site or go with us from the Coastal Center. Directions to each site will be provided upon registration. To register, call Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502.

Fee: Weekly $20/person (CAS member $15); Seniors $10

Autumn Owl Prowl

Friday, October 21, 7:00- 9:00 p.m.
When the sun retreats, owls awaken to go in search of prey. Some say that owls are wise, others that they sparked legends of ghosts. Whatever the truth, autumn is a fine time to uncover the mysteries of these amazing nocturnal hunters. We'll learn about a few of the species that co-exist in our area, and then carpool to a local park to try to call one in. It's a hoot! To register, call Louise Crocco at 203-878-7440 x 502

Fee: $25/person. (CAS members $20)

Frank

Frank Gallo
Senior Naturalist,