[CT Birds] East Granby Snow Goose, lower Tolland County

Jamie Meyers sunnyctredbird at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:48:15 EDT 2016

This afternoon in a farm pond behind a farm shack on Holcomb Road in East Granby there was a Snow Goose among 150 - 200 Canadas.

This morning I birded several towns in lower Tolland County looking for birds of the season.  Highlights included about half a dozen Rusty Blackbirds at Raymond Brook Swamp in Hebron.  That was my 200th species for the county.  There were several Purple Finches in a small wetland off CT 85 behind a church, also in Hebron.  A powerline cut off CT 316 yielded a Nashville Warbler, just the second one I have seen all year.  It was pumping its tail, which think I read somewhere is more typical of Western Nashvilles.

Not much in the way of sparrow action but a few interesting things all the same.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT

Sent from my iPhone