[CT Birds] Milford Point Big Sit 10/9

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 10 09:54:21 EDT 2016

Here is the link to our Milford Point Big Sit eBird list, complete with photos:

Frank Mantlik Stratford

    On Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:55 PM, Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:

 10/9. The "Surf Scopers" preliminary results for over 12 hours of birding at Milford Point, despite the rain and wind, was 69 species. Highlights included: an odd Canada Goose hybrid, both teal, Greater Scaup, 9 species of raptors, an amazing 17 species of shorebirds (including 2 Am Golden Plovers, Red Knot, Pectoral & White-rumped Sandpipers, and the day's surprise 17 HUDSONIAN GODWITS), and Lesser Black-backed Gull. Many misses, no doubt to the weather. But the team's determination resulted in a respectable total. At day's end, the spectacular full rainbow and sunset was our reward.

Frank Mantlik, with Captain Frank Gallo, Patrick Dugan, Tina Green, and Tom Murray.

p.s. Contributions to this CT Audubon Coastal Center fundraiser would be most appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone