[CT Birds] No White Pelican at Wethersfield Cove

Stuart Winquist stuartwinquist at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 11 13:30:29 EDT 2016

After checking the retention pond in Hartford around 12:15, I checked out Wethersfield Cove.  When I've seen them in Wisconsin on the water, they've been in large, shallow lakes or marshes.  Best places to look on the CT river might be Keeney Cove (no idea how to acces it from the land) or in the Wangunk Meadows open water around the heron rookery (accessed from the sand pit off of Rt. 17 in Portland).
Sent from my iPhone