[CT Birds] name on list serve test

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Oct 12 09:23:51 EDT 2016

Signing your posts is important!

When I am home on my computer and using the web-based email client for my email service I see the real sender name, IF their email From includes their name.  Most do.

BUT, when I view CTBirds messages in the email app on my iPhone I do NOT see the name of the sender in the From field.  I just see the CT Birds list name since the list sent it.  If the person posting does not sign their message I do not see who it is from.  If I really want to see their name I have to hit Reply (and then cancel without sending).  Since I normally see messages for the first time on my phone this not at all convenient.

My thanks to Stefan for bringing this up.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT