[CT Birds] Allen's Meadow Orange-crowned Warbler + 9 sparrow sp.

Joe Bear joebear.gator at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:18:50 EDT 2016

I did a quick walk-through this morning, Sat 10/15 8:30-9:30, in advance of a birding walk I'm doing there tomorrow morning for Wilton Conservation Commission and Norwalk River Watershed Assoc. Lots of birds as expected this time of year when Allen's is at it's best- 9 species of sparrow incl 2 Vesper, several imm White-crowned, etc. Very obliging Orange-crowned Warbler about 100yds on on the path running along the west side of the blue stem meadow. Many Purple Finches doing both their typical song as well as that Blue-headed Vireo type song.
Joe Bear

Sent from my iPhone