[CT Birds] Trout Brook Valley Field Birding Walk this morning

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat Oct 15 15:21:55 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Our Field Birding walk at Trout Brook valley was delightful, with clear blue skies and a nice movement of raptors and landbirds. We saw 43 species. Highlights included: 22 American Pipits (most in the cornfield), 24 Eastern Bluebirds, a tailless Rusty Blackbird with an injured left leg that's been around a couple of days, a Blue-headed and a  Red-eyed Vireo, 12 Palm Warblers, both kinglets, 4 species of woodpeckers, 12 Cooper's hawks, 4 Red-shouldered hawks, 2 Black Vultures and a couple of male Kestrels.

Our next field trip will be to Ecology Park in Branford on Oct 29. Check our webpage for details - www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>.

There was a young Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the clearing at the Coastal Center when I returned, as well. That's 5 species for the day.

Good birding.

Frank Gallo
Senior Naturalist,
Coastal Center at Milford Point