[CT Birds] Red-tailed Hawks

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:32:44 EDT 2016

For some reason Red-tailed Hawks get beaten up by other birds both large
and small.  At the Watch recently we had some very dramatic interactions
between a Peregrine Falcon and a Red-tailed Hawk.  Paul Roberts from MA
observed the Peregrine dive on the hawk and actually hit it.  I am sure,
given the razor sharpness of a Peregrine beak, that a lot of damage could
be done!  Those Peregrines can out maneuver almost everything else in the
sky.  Fun to watch, since I am not a hawk!

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into
pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall
they learn war any more."  Is 2:4