[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point hawk Watch, 10-20-16

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 11:27:25 EDT 2016

Not great but better than I expected. 79 birds; 31 Coops and 26  Sharpies.
Wind was from the NE when I got there at 6:45 and blowing a good #1.  At the
stroke of 10 it changed very suddenly to the east and over a couple of
hours got very strong, up to #5, enough that when it gusted it was hard to hold
 bins and stand steady.  Had a trickle of birds from 10 to about 1:30, and
then only 1 Coop till 2:30, when I left.
For a change, great cloud cover most of the day made it easier  to find
what we did have. High thin stuff that made it really bright. 3  RT's playing
in the park that never went. 2 Peregrine Falcons, One Merlin and  one Am
Kestrel, 2 Bald Eagles, 4 Northern harriers.

Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct