[CT Birds] ENTIRE campground at Hammonasset closed until __?

Tim timant123 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 17:37:23 EDT 2016

The ENTIRE, and I mean ENTIRE campground at Hammonasset is closed to public entry due to construction.  It is closed near the entrance, it is closed behind the swan pond, and it is even closed way over in the west end by the west jetty.  So half of the park is closed.  I'm doing a Hammo big year (198 so far), but I guess my chances of adding Lark Sparrow, Lincoln's Sparrow, Winter Wren, or Eastern Bluebird have really gone down. This made my already bad day even worse.  Does anyone know what type of construction they're doing and how long it will last?

Tim Antanaitis

Portland, CT

Sent from my iPhone