[CT Birds] Stratford Point birds 10/25

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Tue Oct 25 22:30:55 EDT 2016

A morning survey and occasional checks on the birds at Stratford Point
today yielded mostly expected migrants, highlights including: 6
Forster's Tern, 2 late Barn Swallow, various raptor sightings of
Cooper's, Sharp-shinned, and Red-tailed Hawks, Merlin, several Northern
Harrier, several hundred Brant, building Sanderling and Dunlin, several
remaining Black-bellied Plover, Blue-headed Vireo, several
Golden-crowned Kinglet, Gray Catbird, Hermit Thrush, Winter Wren,
several each of American Pipit and Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Sparrows included Field, Swamp, Eastern Towhee, Dark-eyed Junco, and
dozens of Savannah, Song, and White-throat. Hopefully we'll get our FOS
Vesper sometime this week. More birds like the Black-capped Chickadee,
White-breasted Nuthatch, and Blue Jay continue to irrupt. There is a lot
of natural food still left! Plus we continue to supplement with seed. I
feel good about our chances scoring some more uncommon, rare or big hits
in the next month or two...

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch