[CT Birds] Thank you!

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Oct 29 15:17:58 EDT 2016

Thank you to all of the volunteers who came out to help us plant the trees, shrubs, grasses and bulbs at Stratford Point.   The fall berry grove will be a hopping place in a few years!   I got most of the folks names today, but there are a couple I may have missed, so if you did help, please sent me a note so I can be sure you get invited to next year's volunteer thank you party.

We are pretty sure there were two Orange-crowned Warblers there today, as the midday one looked a less greenish above and perhaps a bit more yellow below.  Other highlights included 3 Purple Finches, Field Sparrow, both loons, 7 or so Red-breasted Mergansers flying over and Stefan had a probable White-winged Scoter.   Two different Peregrine Falcons sat in the same tree along Prospect Drive at different points of the morning and at least one Merlin making a pass.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!