[CT Birds] To Nick B on Bald peak in Salisbury CT

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 30 20:05:39 EDT 2016

Hi Nick. Well back in the 90s, I use to hawk watch at Bald peak every November for the late Hawks, and boy was it a great spot! I still believe it is the best spot to see and count late hawks here in CT. I use to count hundreds on a good day, esp Redtails, Shoulders, and often enough Coopers, Sharpies and Goshawks. Seeing kettles of RTs and Shoulders was also a thrill there as well.Also in November we would get songbirds such as late warblers, and often Snow buntings with some landing on the outlook next to us. Let me know if you want to go there and I will give you easy directions.
Paul Carrier  Hrwinton