[CT Birds] Ross's TYPE

John Marshall johnmarshall47 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:58:14 EDT 2016

Stephan,
The bird has a bit of a dark line thru the eye and a little dark on the top of the head and the bill was somewhat dark, suggesting a juvenile Ross's Goose, but the bird was very white. Transitioning to adult plumage?  The light was bad, very light rain was starting to fall, the road was busy and the bird was distant and usually facing away from me. I did not get any good/definitive pictures. I will look to see if there are any pictures in focus enough to post to eBird. I will try again Saturday to see if I can get better pictures. Perhaps somebody else has and can post them somewhere. For now I will list it in eBird as a Ross's type.

John Marshall
Watertown
http://www.johnsbirdinglinks.com/

Sent from my iPhone