[CT Birds] New Milford - Ross's Goose

John Marshall johnmarshall47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:19:16 EDT 2016

I should have replied to Stephan's email yesterday that, yes, the Ross's
type Goose at the Sunny Valley Preserve in New Milford has too many
problems for a definite ID. Here is my description from eBird:
Small white goose, the size of a Ross's Goose, white feathering with black
wingtips, bill very dark with a small grin patch, head a little longer than
expected for a Ross's Goose, faint dark line through the eye like a
juvenile Ross's, dark legs. Landed in the big field on the west side of
Sunny Valley Road at about 5:40.

On Monday, October 24, 2016, John Marshall <johnmarshall47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Ross's Goose flew into the big field in the Sunny Valley Preserve on
> the west side of Sunny Valley Road in New Milford at 5:40.  It is currently
> with a flock of about 120 Canada Geese.
> --
> John Marshall
> Watertown