[CT Birds] great Thicket Approved!

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:31:26 EDT 2016

Yes, that is indeed great news. However, the flip side is that we stand to loose the Loxahatchee  N W R in Florida. This huge refuge is currently only leased to the federal government by the state of Florida. Because the feds have not eradicated invasive species on the refuge the state is threatening to take over the refuge. Apparently the sugar industry would like to see it done away with. Wish I had more details but hopefully the situation will be brought to the attention of the public. Patrick, do you have more info about this?

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks