[CT Birds] Snowy Day Juncos

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 14:21:17 EDT 2016

I spotted my FOS pair of Juncos in my yard 4 or 5 days ago and  the number
has been growing since. It's a snowy day here now, although only  sticking
to the tops of the feeders, etc, but I just counted 27 in my yard in  one
sweep. I'm guessing the flock is actually around 40 here right now. Not
unusual here in winter, (I've had upwards of 100 at one time in the past) but
this seems a little early for so many. I spread millet around my yard and under
 the feeders, and that's what seems to attract them the most.
Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct