[CT Birds] Stratford Point Forster's Tern

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Oct 28 15:28:51 EDT 2016

I had a Forster's Tern out over the river off the north end of the Point just now.   Also, a "flock" of 5 Field Sparrows, behind the garage plus perhaps one more in the Emily Nissley Bird Garden near the parking area.   Frank found an Eastern Meadowlark (well presumed Eastern anyway) in the deer exclosure near the parking area, which I got to see as well.   Aside from that it is a really harsh day out there.    A few Northern Harriers and I had a Rock Pigeon sitting on the rocks on the south shore...a fairly uncommon bird here for some reason.

Tonight could be good for migration and tomorrow warmer and far less blustery.  Could be a good day for birds at the Point.    I'll scatter some seed this afternoon for sparrows.

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:

Plants for Birds!
Find the best plants in your area on Audubon's new Plants for Birds Database here<http://ct.audubon.org/plantsforbirds>