[CT Birds] Out of the blue

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 10:09:25 EDT 2016

I've been sitting in my kitchen, watching Titmice and House  finches
devouring the seed I just put out on my back porch platform feeder.  Where I sit
I'm no more than 6 feet or so from the feeder itself.
 Suddenly, just a moment ago, there was a rush of wings  and a light
colored streak flew between the window and the feeder and  disappeared with one of
the Titmice. I looked out to see a Sharp-shinned Hawk  sitting on the lawn
and administering the coup de gras to the poor   Titmouse, just 10 feet away.
Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct