[CT Birds] Riga Plateau

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:29:35 EDT 2016

We were hiking there recently and (if I decipher the scribbles on my AT map
correctly) you drive 5.3 miles after the road changes to a dirt road.  I
think it's all Mt. Washington Road and it just turns to a dirt road but it
might begin as Mt. Riga Road. You come to a little pull off on your right
after 5.3 miles.  From that little lot there is an easy trail up to Bear
Mountain.  I think I even remember a sign "Bear Mt. Parking."

It's a wonderful hike in nesting season.  Good luck!

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut