[CT Birds] Lighthouse Pt 10-31

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:55:13 EDT 2016

I spent from 845-1200 at Lighthouse Pt in New Haven yesterday. Despite the weather clearing well after dark the night before, there was a heavy passerine movement underway when I arrived. Lots of blackbirds, robins, House Finches, and waxwings. Dozens of Purple Finches passed, as did a handful of Pine Siskins. There was also a steady movement of Tree Swallows and American Pipits. A Dickcissel and a couple meadowlarks as well. There appeared to be many sparrows and warblers (Palm and Yellow-rumped) around the gardens and woods as I was driving out, in keeping with the other coastal reports of lots of birds "on the deck" yesterday.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Sent from my iPhone