[CT Birds] Guilford YB Sapsuckers and Hermit Thrush

Cin and Bill kobak bilcinkob at comcast.net
Mon Oct 31 14:25:19 EDT 2016

Had two adult male YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS eating winterberries in our
backyard yesterday morning. One with bright, vibrant plumage, the other dull
and worn. The duller one was dominant, chasing the other around lower tree
trunks in our back woods, usurping it from each perch.

They came back this morning with a third adult sapsucker (not able to sex
it) and a HERMIT THRUSH. All four birds at our winterberry, which will
relinquish its berries to the birds before its leaves fall. Happens every
year.

Cindi Kobak

Guilford