[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wed Walk Highlights

petermgreen at hotmail.com petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:50:13 EDT 2016

Westport-Sherwood Island SP-
20 participants joined me for the New Haven Bird Club 1st Wednesday on this glorious autumn day. We tallied 61 species in just over four hours covering the model airplane field, the feeders near the nature center,Sherwood Point for some sea watching,the Mill Pond, the spruce grove, and the west platform area and small ponds.
Highlights of the day were the somewhat late Osprey,Snowy Egret,and Black-and-White Warbler as well as a Yellow-breasted Chat. Only a few people had very brief looks at the chat but all of us heard it several times.
Thanks to everyone who came out and battled the traffic to join me for today's walk. I love sharing the park!

Tina Green
1st Wednesday Walk Coordinator
for the NHBC
Sent from my iPhone