[CT Birds] Stratford Point Black Scoters

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Nov 3 12:53:59 EDT 2016

A flock of 12 Black Scoters was off the north shore of the Point a while ago.   All hens or immatures.  An adult Peregrine Falcon was making a few hunting passes and the "gray ghost" Northern Harrier has been around most of the morning.     We had a probable "Ipswich" Savannah Sparrow at the water garden eating New England aster seeds (very pale and large, photos obtained).   A few Field Sparrows hanging around and 3 Red-breasted Mergansers.   I had one frustrating warbler that wasn't a palm nor Yellow-rump and I don't think Orange-crowned based on flight calls...tiny, but alas no ID worthy view.

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:

Plants for Birds!
Find the best plants in your area on Audubon's new Plants for Birds Database here<http://ct.audubon.org/plantsforbirds>