[CT Birds] Colchester Deck-woods

Ernest Harris pdlqlt at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 16:54:31 EDT 2016

11/3/16- 3:00-4:00PM- Grackles galore!! Millie and I were walking in the woods behind our house when suddenly a flock of grackles began moving up the slope from a low lying wet area, leap frog foraging in the deciduous leaves. Then they reversed direction back into the low area, many perching in the small trees. Suddenly they ‘flushed’ , flying through the trees to the north being joined by more from the south. I estimate 2-3 thousand. Is this a pre-roost behavior?  Ernie