[CT Birds] Gallinule in Branford

Jamie Meyers sunnyctredbird at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:46:11 EDT 2016

Subject bird continues as of 9:15 AM. A refresher on the location of the bird, since it wasn't exactly intuitive. If you park at the main parking area, where the kiosk is, you can walk along a wooded path that goes off to the left, along the north side of the upper pond. I gallon you'll include or working fairly close to the shore along the north side of that pond in about maybe a quarter mile up the trail.

There was Winter Wren and a Hermit Thrush working the pond edge along the trail, and I had a rather late Black -throated Green Warbler on the east side of the park near the last parking spot near where the road enters the residential neighborhood. The warbler was picking at something in a little weedy area next to the pond, then flew back up into the trees.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT

Sent from my iPhone