[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge-Goshawk

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:36:55 EDT 2016

Quaker ridge hawkwatch, Audubon Greenwich.

Around 12:25 we had good looks at an immature Goshawk interacting with a Peregrine Falcon. Very cool to see! About 15 minutes I saw a strange immature Buteo that shared both red-tail and red-shouldered field marks, wing/body shape and flight style. Leaving it open for now and was unable to get photos of the bird. I made some field notes and poor sketches. I know they do occasionally hybridize but I'm not sure I've seen documentation of young birds before.

Stefan Martin