[CT Birds] Evening Grosbeaks at Hammo

Tim timant123 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 21:07:41 EDT 2016

Sandi Jacques has a photo of a male evening grosbeak at Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison today.  3 were reported.  This is only the 3rd eBird record ever for Hammo, and the first record that was not just a flyover. I was in my car at Middle Beach today looking at the sparrows, and I thought I heard one, so I popped out of my car really quick, but I did not see one or hear it again.  If anyone finds it tomorrow please call me 860-833-0507, as I'll be there. Also call (tomorrow) or text me if you are able to find out any details (time, place), or if you see any rarities for the rest of the year.  I'm doing a Big Hammo Year.

Tim Antanaitis

Portland, CT

(Which, I know, is not really that close to Hammo -45 minutes)

Sent from my iPhone