[CT Birds] Ashford Rusty Blackbirds

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 16:01:55 EST 2016

For the past couple of days numbers of Rusty Blackbirds have grown significantly around our home in Ashford (intersection of Varga and Wormwood Hill Rd.) and today I repeatedly observed 50-65 in a flock along Wormwood Hill Rd. adjacent to Knowlton Pond and the surrounding woodland. The birds are foraging on the blacktop (not sure what they're after) and when disturbed by a vehicle fly up into the trees. While I often see them here in fall, winter, and spring it's nice to see them in such large numbers for this location. I'm also seeing them along Varga Road mostly in the early morning along the road and in nearby cornfields. Steve MorytkoAshford CT