[CT Birds] Rocky Neck SP Snow Buntings

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 15:17:34 EST 2016

This afternoon in Niantic at Rocky Neck SP:

30 Snow Buntings in the main parking area

in the marsh: 10 Greater Yellowlegs, 2  Hooded Mergansers (another birder had 10), 4 Great Blue Herons, 2 Belted Kingfishers

campground very quiet: among the  Chickadees, Juncos, and Titmice there was 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and 1 Golden-crowned Kinglet.

Lots of Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers everywhere.

Amazed that I saw no sparrows nor any Yellow rumps

Several other good areas that I did not have time to explore.  Maybe that is where the sparrows are.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPhone