[CT Birds] Feeder Watch's 30th year starts today, November 12, 2016

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 12 08:55:24 EST 2016

Started counting birds at my solo black-oiled sunflower bird feeder today for Feeder Watch, which starts it's 30th year (2016-2017) today. My "regular" six Tom Wild Turkeys took over the seeds I put on the ground and on stone bench here, with some local American Crows also going after this seed. A Cooper's hawk made a pass by the feeder this morning, but realized the turkey's were out of it's "league". Four Blue Jays were in the area with one junco, 4 titmice, and a couple of chickadees. With the turkeys moving out at some point hopefully more species of smaller birds will be at the feeder later. Been seeing lots of titmice at my feeder of late.

David W BabingtonWashington, CT