[CT Birds] Harkness SP: more info, more birds

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 17:18:51 EST 2016

In addition to the Orange-crowned Warbler and the Nashville Warbler, both of which I reported earlier today, I had the following:

3 Purple Sandpipers, same spot Russ had seen them yesterday.

1  American Tree Sparrow in the tall grass on the right side of the path that leads to the cove and duck blind.  This area is called the Niering Preserve and is on the western side of park.

12 Bufflehead and 1 RB Merganser in the cove mentioned above

4 very distant Sanderlings

1 Red-shouldered Hawk perched in brush dump

I spent very little time Sound watching as it was very windy along the Sound.  Found the Purple Sandpipers and then left.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone